Sunday, May 4, 2008

Coffeetopia


Yesterday afternoon I was talking to a great friend of mine that lives in the paradise known as Santa Cruz, CA and she was telling me about this great new coffeehouse, Verve, that opened fairly recently. Now it's not a chain like most of the coffee places in the Midwest, it was opened by 2 guys - Colby Barr and Ryan O' Donovan and they roast the beans right next to the shop...you can get a cup made from beans that were roasted just the day before..it's all the rave. Ryan actually used to work at Peet's Coffee in Santa Cruz, which happened to be my favorite cup while I lived there 2 summers ago. Needless to say, I can't wait to visit this place and maybe even check into an internship for next summer, if I end up out West. These guys understand the passion behind the roast.
If you want to read the review of the shop you can: http://www.metrosantacruz.com/metro-santa-cruz/03.26.08/dining-0813.html


No comments: