Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Official

Hi Friends!

So I've officially created a "Go Live Life" blog to capture moments of living life and inspire others to do the same. This theme came out of my senior sermon on John 11 when Jesus tells his disciples to follow him to Bethany in order that they might believe when He wakes Lazarus. When the disciples saw this miracle done by Christ they themselves were further awakened in their belief of who Jesus was and what he could do. My hope is that we will live in an awakened state of who Christ is and the work that he can do.

Also noteworthy, my good friend Newt spoke these words of life to me the last time I went to visit him before he passed away. When I said goodbye to him he told my sister and I, "get out of here and go live life!" Oh the irony of the situation: a man on his death bed giving me words of life. As I walked down that hall and out of the nursing home I began to turn those words over and over in my head...did I really know what it meant to live life? What did this mean for me since I profess to live my life following Christ, and even more. Was I doing this..was I fully living my life or just waiting for my years to be over on Earth so that I could fully live in eternity. Newt's words transformed me and really just hit me like a ton of bricks...my prayer is that we'll live in a spiritually resurrected state now and not just wait to be bodily resurrected later...now is the time to live!

No comments: